Terms & Conditions
Scandinavian Rail is operated by ACP Rail International, a division of ACP Marketing (Ireland) Limited.
General Terms and Conditions
- All prices are subject to change. Prices on this website are quoted in the specified currency. ACP Rail International reserves the right to change prices without notice whether such changes are related or not to alterations in rates of exchange.
- Travelers are responsible for ensuring that they have all the necessary visas and appropriate travel documents prior to their departure.
- Train schedules and fares are subject to change and availability.
- When the Ticket or Pass is issued by a travel agency, the agency is merely the intermediary of the carriers and assumes no liability resulting from the transport contract.
- Passes are strictly personal, non-transferable and only valid together with a passport or official identity card.
- Shipping charges and delivery time are dependent on your country of residence. If a product is ordered at short notice, ACP Rail International is not responsible for delays in delivery service or otherwise.
- Lost Tickets: ACP Rail International is not responsible for tickets or vouchers, which are lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed. Refunds cannot be authorized in such cases.
- Rail Protection Plan: Trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended.
Conditions of Travel
- For complete product details please refer to the â€śInformationâ€ť tab, which is located next to the â€śShoppingâ€ť tab on the product booking pages.
- Passes are valid from 00:00 hrs to 24:00 hrs (Midnight to Midnight) on a chosen day of travel.
- If a pass holder is traveling on a direct overnight train containing sleeper accommodation departing after 7pm, the next day's date must be entered. In such cases, travel from 7pm and midnight of the following day is included and considered as one day of travel. If the overnight trip requires a train change before midnight, the traveler must use 2 travel days. This rule may vary by rail carrier.
- Seats, sleepers, couchettes, pass holder tickets for travel on high speed and night trains, luggage checking, and port taxes, are all subject to additional charges which are not covered by the passes.
- Passes cannot be issued to residents of the countries the pass is valid in (unless otherwise specified in the product information pages).
- Passes are non-transferable and must only be used by the person or persons specified on the Pass.
- Train operators and their representatives may ask at any time for proof of foreign residency and reserve the right to confiscate the ticket or pass in such circumstances.
- Residents of Europe, the Russian Federation, Turkey, Morocco, Algeria or Tunisia are not eligible to purchase Eurail Passes. You are considered to be a resident of a country if you have been living in this country for longer than 6 months on the first day of validity of your Pass.
- InterRail Passes are available for European residents only. Even if you buy a Global Pass, your InterRail Pass is not valid for free travel in your own country of residence.
Seat Reservations & Supplements
- Having a pass does not guarantee a seat.
- Seat reservations and supplements are especially required for high speed trains and night trains; they differ per country, per train, per route and per departure date.
- Seat reservations are optional on some of the trains in Europe however they are mandatory for traveling on high speed trains (TGV, Thalys, AVE, Eurostar, Eurostar Italia), international trains (Cisalpino, Lyria, Talgo) and night trains (Elipsos, Artesia, City Night Line). The ICE requires reservations on any Sprinter train. Additionally the SJ high speed trains in Scandinavia will require reservations and most trains in Spain (Renfe).
- Some trains require the payment of a surcharge, which includes the compulsory seat reservation.
- On some trains the number of seats available for Pass holders may be limited. It is highly recommended to make reservations in advance.
First Class and Standard Class Seating
- Extra charges are applicable on upgrading your accommodation to private compartments and sleeper cars when available.
- First Class Pass holders should note that some trains provide standard accommodation only. This consideration is allowed for in the pricing of the First Class Pass.
- Holders of Adult / Child Standard Class passes or tickets may travel in First Class accommodations on payment of the difference between the First Class and Standard Class full fare of the journey being made.
- Holders of the Youth passes traveling in First Class accommodations will be regarded as traveling without a ticket, and will be charged the appropriate First Class fare for the journey being made.
- Refunds will only be granted if:
- The non-validated Pass, unused Ticket or original exchange coupon or voucher is returned to the office from which it was purchased within 6 months from the date of issue. (Unless the refund time limit is otherwise stated on the product â€śInformationâ€ť tab. Shorter refund time limits apply to Europe TCV Tickets, Sweden SJ Tickets, InterRail Passes, and City Sightseeing. A longer refund time limit applies to Eurail Passes).
- Passes or Tickets must bear no evidence of having been tampered with in any way.
- No refund can be made if the Pass or Ticket cannot be produced.
- Refunds are not given on validated Passes or Tickets once the commencement date has been reached.
- Where a Pass or a Ticket becomes part of an inclusive Tour Package, it is not separately refundable.
- Neither the Participating Operators nor their Agents can accept any responsibility for any failure in the provision of any special offers included.
- Unless otherwise outlined, a minimum 15% cancellation fee is imposed on unused Passes or Tickets.
- Special offers are not refundable.
- Refunds must be returned to the original office of issuance for processing.
- No refund can be made while traveling.
- There is no refund for partially used Passes or Tickets. Passes or Tickets presented on or after the first day of validity are considered partially used.
- Non-Refundable Products include the Rail Protection Plan, Seats/Sleepers reservations, Ferry tickets, Europe Global Tickets, Sweden SJ no-rebooking/SJ Just Now, Eurostar On-request, Great British Heritage Pass, Warwick Castle, Oyster Card and Madame Tussauds.
- Passes and tickets may not be used on any services not mentioned.
- All rail passes must be validated prior to the first day of use.
- Failure to comply with Pass validation requirements may result in the payment of a fine, pass confiscation and the cost of a full fare ticket.
- Eurail Passes are issued open dated and must be validated within six months from the date of issue and prior to the first day of use. A Eurail Pass cannot be used for travel until the first and last day of validity have been entered, validating stamp and passport number appear on the Pass. This can be done when issuing a Pass, but will generally be done after arrival in Europe. Validation in Europe can be done by a railway official such as a clerk at a ticket window or at a Eurail Aid Office.
Privacy & Security
In cases where the user provides personal contact information and financial information, it is used solely for billing purposes and to fulfill customer orders. ACP Rail International is committed to respecting usersâ€™ privacy and protecting their personal information both online and off-line. This website takes every precaution to protect user information.
CIV Conditions of Carriage
CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF TICKETS (CIV)
Carriage under Tickets is subject to:
- The provisions of the International Convention concerning the Carriage of passengers and Luggage by rail (C.I.V) on condition that it is effected by the services of at least two transport undertakings belonging to different countries which are parties to that Convention, or of one transport undertaking only which is a party thereto, provided that the services which the latter operates are shipping services, considered to be international within the meaning of the Convention:
- The provisions of the Additional Convention to the C.I.V. relating to the liability of the railway for death of and personal injury to passengers.
- In respect of the carriage by sea for mixed rail-sea carriage, the provisions of the law to which the sea carrier is subject and the conditions of the sea carrier.
- Coupons of the present Ticket are subject to the regulations of the Standard International Tariff for the Transport of Passengers and Luggage (TCV) except those valid by the services of non- member transport undertakings of the TCV which are issued subject to the conditions of the domestic tariffs of the transport undertakings concerned or failing such tariffs the conditions of the transport undertaking in question.
Responsibility & Liability
ACP Rail International acts only as a booking agent. ACP Rail International has no control over, and is not responsible for, any of the tours, Passes and other travel accommodations listed in or referred to on this website. All bookings are accepted and all tickets, Passes and vouchers are issued on the express condition that ACP Rail International is not responsible or liable for any loss (consequential or other-wise), damage (including but not limited to loss of or damage to Passenger' clothes, baggage, or other property whatsoever), death, injury, delay, inconvenience or irregularity caused by or arising out of or in connection with any defect in any vehicle or other land or sea conveyance used, rented or travelled in, or through the negligence, willful misconduct or other acts, defaults or omissions of any carrier, car rental company, hotel, restaurant or other provider of goods or services. Every booking is accepted subject to the conditions, tariffs, and regulations imposed by the rail, shipping, bus, car rental, car insurance or other companies, firms or persons concerned.